1- The project builds on a 10-year long partnership between the Ministry of Justice and UNDP in this area. It aims at contributing to the UNDAF objective of strengthening democratic processes, ensuring equity and Rule of Law.1-Strengthening of innovative justice instruments, through:
- The introduction of the alternatives to imprisonment based on the new code of conduct;
- The expansion and consolidation of the Free Legal Aid services mostly at decentralized levels;
- The consolidation of the new concept of the One-Stop-Shop model of “House of Justice”, where Courts, Prosecution, Criminal Investigation Police and Free Legal Aid services are located under one roof and provide justice services to citizens at district level.
2- Increasing the awareness about human rights and justice services to the most vulnerable groups of population
3- Supporting the establishment of the National Human Rights Commission
What have we accomplished so far?
On Human Rights:
A. Contribution to the establishment of the National Human Rights Commission,
B. Continuous technical assistance to the National Human Rights Commission, through:
- Commissioning of consultancies for drafting of internal policy documents and institution strategic plan
- Capacity building of commissioners through training initiatives and exchange visits to other countries
On innovative Instruments for Justice developed and implemented in selected provinces and districts:
A. Technical assistance for drafting of the Law on Execution of Alternatives to Imprisonment and the amendment of the Organic Law on the Department for Execution of Criminal Sentences.
B. Construction of the House of Justice.